Sunday, October 2, 2011

Coupon Sunday

I used to so look forward to my coupon Sundays. Every Saturday night I would update the good deals that I had found throughout the week, gather my coupons and head out. The Boy would even partake in the fun event, well then it started to become not so much fun and more of a hassle. I am sure those who have couponed(not sure if that is even a real word, but it works) for a while can understand the frustration with the big boom and surge in coupon use. While that is not a bad thing at all, the total shelf clearing and selfishness thing is. So many times I would go in and go to find that good item to get one maybe two and nope it's not there. So I tried going in the middle of the night, nope that didn't do any good either. It got to the point where I didn't even want to bother with it anymore and that really sucks!! I also got tired of all the mean mugs each time I would enter a store with my binder. Just because I have the binder doesn't peg me as a shelf clearer or hoarder and I know I am not the only one that feels that way!!
Another thing that had me take a break was all the coupon insert theft and craziness that went along with it. Oh my word, it was ridiculous I kid you not!! Papers were being stolen out of the paper machines, being gone through at stores, mainly Walgreens and missing coupons!! One morning I went into there and there was a mom and daughter in the back going through the papers and taking the coupon inserts out, yet leaving the paper!  I was like are you freaking kidding me, what the heck? So as I checked out and made sure my papers had them I kindly let the manager of the store know what was going on. Didn't stay around to see what happened but I sure hope he made them leave the store and put those inserts back into all those papers. I mean that is just wrong on so many levels!! While I would still go out and get my papers I just simply took a break!! Well now my mini non-hoarder like stock pile is dwindling down and it's time to get back in the game lol!
Today's papers I went out early and got and I am glad that I did. When I walked into the store it was seriously like Black Friday, maybe not AS bad, but pretty close! I am glad that I got there when I did because all the papers were almost gone. There was a nice couple who let me know that not all the inserts were in some of the papers and showed me the stack they had already gone through. I thought that was very nice, considering there were buying 25 papers they could have just let me grab the ones they had already gone through :) There was a lot of good coupons that is for sure!! Just got to put them to some good use that is for sure!! Phew and there is my vent for the evening, wrote a lot more than I was planning, but that is what a blog is for right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...