Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Chore Time

I have been following this awesome blogger I found a few months back, and today she shared this awesome website! The Boy has been asking for me to reinstate the good ol' chore chart and so I was going to work on that next week until I found out about this! So I signed up and started it for the kiddos. Rather than just having one reward for doing their chores, this site gives a nice mix. They can get smaller rewards such as an ice cream treat, being able to skip a chore, family game night or go for bigger rewards such as books or video games. You can choose how many points a chore is worth, when it can be done and a whole bunch of other neat options! While I would love to use my creative side and have something fun and neat for them to fill out, this just seems as fun and convenient as a homemade chore chart would. I think it may hold attention better too since they are able to get on the computer themselves, log what they have done and all that goodness :) 
Here is an example of The Boy's :) I am still working on adding more things the both of them can do to earn points and eventually build up to their awards. Of course right now he has more options than Little Miss does, but there is quite a difference in their ages.
Here is an example of what the rewards front page looks like. I love that it is called My Store, and I love that they have the option to save their points(which can be put in their savings accounts at the bank). 
Then lastly, here is the shots of both kiddos rewards they can receive.I am still working on adding more, but I just had to share real quick! This seems like such a neat and fun way to teach the kiddos the benefits of helping out around the house, making sure they keep up with good behavior and choices, and the rewards you can earn for completing your tasks :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...