Friday, September 21, 2012

DIY Headband Holder

Earlier this week I finally got a chance to start on a super fun project for Little Miss. See Little Miss is all about hair goodies! Whether it be bows, ponytail holders, barrettes, flowers or headbands, she loves them all and has quite a few of them!! Which means they usually end up scattered from one end of the house to the other, hidden in the backpack or even in the back of my truck. So after seeing this on Pinterest I followed the link to this post and figured it be something neat and fun to make!! I'm all about the organization, makes for a happier me that is for sure!! It can either stay on the bathroom counter or go on her vanity, as long as the headbands stay in one place I am uber happy! I had all supplies on hand so my crafty time began!! I figured I would share :)

Let's begin with all the supplies needed: an empty oatmeal container, fabric(Little Miss is all about hot pink and zebra so this was her fabric of choice), mod podge, foam brush, ribbon and a glue gun!!
First you will want to cut a piece of fabric, I did mine a rough cut like in the tutorial. If I had a mat and rotary cutter I probably would have make it more precise, but this worked just fine for me too! Then just take some mod podge and cover a big section of the container.
Next you will want to just wrap the fabric tightly around the container, if there are any bumps smooth them out. 
Then you will just fold the remaining fabric inside the container and under as well! 
After you are finished set aside to dry
Cut another fabric square for the lid and cover with the mod podge. Wrap the lid in fabric. The tutorial had to use the glue gun and wrap fabric that way. Part of me wishes that I would have done it that way to eliminate so of the mod podge soaking the fabric, but it wasn't as noticeable once it dried.
Lastly cut a piece of fun ribbon to wrap around the edge of the lid. My glue gun was taking too long to heat up for me so I just pinned it for picture purposes and then went back and glued it around the lid.
After all is complete just let it dry and you are good to go for a way fun and cute headband holder!! No more headbands scattered everywhere! You can even take off the lid and keep spare rubber bands, hair ties, ribbons, etc!! Duel purpose...even better!! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea!! I followed you over here from the Tuesday Tango BlogLovin hop!! I following along!! Can’t wait to read more.

    Feel free to follow me! Have a great weekend!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3811068/bohemian-treehouse/follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya!

    I just found you blog through the 'followers to friends' blog hop, and I am so glad I did! Your blog is so cute, I love the photos. What an amazing idea, I never even would have thought about this!

    I am a new follower :)

    Let me know if you stop by mine!

    Sara

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...