Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cupcake Fail

This time last year I found a super cute and fun cupcake recipe for Cherry Limeade cupcakes!! I ran out and bought all the goodies and gave it a whirl!! It was a pretty tasty cupcake, though not all the family members thought so lol..yes my sweets I am talking about you ;) The Sweets buddy absolutely LOVED them and about a month ago requested that I make some especially for him. So yesterday that is what I did!! I turned on some music and Little Miss and I ventured into the kitchen to get our cupcake bake on!!
We got all the basics out of the way, all while singing and dancing around the kitchen, sounds super fun right?! We popped the cupcake goodness into the oven and proceeded to finish our dance party. About midway through the baking process I started cleaning up and putting the items like the baking powder and baking soda away. As I stood there with said item in hand I said, "I don't remember putting this in the bowl with the cake flour." As I glanced at the recipe I then realized nope NOPE I didn't! I seriously forgot to add the baking soda, baking powder and the salt!! Really I mean really?! I knew that even though those nice colored cupcakes looked like there were going to be ok they really were not!! At first I was mad, I mean cupcake supplies are not cheap and it would have been one thing had I used a boxed mix, but nope I didn't! Then I was just like o well, I was spending some good time jamming out and dancing with my Little Miss!! That meant more than some silly 'ol cupcakes anyway!! So we let those hard balls of dough cool, tossed them out and started another batch! These ones worked good and all ingredients got added!! After everyone was asleep I started on the cherry buttercream, easy peasy!! Yea a big NOPE on that one again!! It was a fail, a big big fail!! I added too much cherry juice and tried to add some more powdered sugar and butter and ugh, it was a sloppy mess! I gave up, piped that hot mess on the cupcakes, tried to pretty it up with a cherry and lime slice and was done for the night!! The Sweets buddy loved them so that is a good thing, lesson learned though, me and cherry limeade cupcakes just don't flow the way I'd like!! It's gonna be funny to look back on, I even took pictures while making them this time lol!! By looking at them you would think they came out great, but nope lol lol!! The very last picture is the buttercream fail, but those are the real good and properly made cupcakes :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...